Asian Tofu Steak and Pear Salad
For the marinade
- For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu sliced then cut into triangles (or strips)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil Or avocado oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or cremini
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt for seasoning
- black pepper for seasoning
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 1 asian pear thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place the tofu in a shallow bowl or in a Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Mix to coat, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, overnight is best.
- While the tofu marinates, in a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Add the oil in a thin stream while whisking until emulsified. Set aside.
- Once the tofu has marinated, place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a grill to medium-high. Grill the tofu for 6 minutes per side until browned. Set aside and cover with foil.
- Using the same pan, heat the oil and sauté the shiitake mushrooms, season with ginger, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and sauté until soft and cooked through.
- To make the salad: Place the greens and cucumber in a large bowl, pour the desired amount of dressing on top and toss to coat. Then place the tofu on top of greens along with the pear, sautéed mushrooms, and some cilantro. Then eat up!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!