Asparagus, Leek & Hemp Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound Asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces garlic hummus
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive Oil and extra hemp hearts for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and asparagus and bring to a boi, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the asparagus is slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the hummus and hemp hearts. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of hemp hearts!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!