Barbecue Chicken Ranch Salad
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce *see Easy Barbecue Sauce recipe*
- 2 heads romaine hearts chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small avocado chopped
- 1 tomato chopped (cherry tomatoes would work great)
- 1/2 English cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 water or more depending on desired thinness
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar and shaking. Set aside.
- Place the chickpeas and barbecue sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Let cook for about 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and sticks to the chickpeas. Set aside.
- In 2 large bowls or 1 big bowl, place your romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, avocado, tomato's and avocado. Add the chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the salad with the sauce and toss.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!