Barbecue Chickpea Ranch Salad
- 2 heads romaine hearts chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce *see Easy Paleo Barbecue Sauce recipe*
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1 tomato chopped (cherry tomatoes would work great)
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 water or more depending on desired thinness
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar and shaking. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium saucepan with the barbecue sauce and heat over medium-high. Let cook for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and stuck to the chickpeas. Set aside.
- In 2 large bowls or 1 big bowl, place your romaine lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, and tomato. Add the chickpeas.
- Drizzle with ranch sauce and toss.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!