Chicken Milanese with Green Apple Salad
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup GF flour (or any of the starches) *add more if needed*
- 2 large eggs *add more if needed*
- 1 cup nut meal (or GF breadcrumbs) *add more if needed*
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cut into thin sticks
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese *optional*
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour in one large, shallow dish, beat the eggs in an another shallow dish, and add the breadcrumbs to a third shallow dish.
- Dry the chicken breasts with paper towels then place them one at a time between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a meat mallet or the back of a skillet to pound the chicken to about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with all the breasts.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then eggs, and then the breadcrumbs until well coated. Repeat with the remaining chicken and place them on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the chicken with oil and bake, turning halfway through, until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes in total.
- Make the salad: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, juice, shallots, mustard, and honey. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Add the arugula, apple, and Parmesan (if using) and toss to combine.
- Serve the chicken cutlets topped with the apple salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!