Chickpea Almond Patties
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 large Eggs or 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons water for vegan
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground chia or ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Toss all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend into a paste. They will be sticky. Form into four to six patties with your hands. Dust them with cornstarch to stop the mixture from sticking.
- Heat a grill to medium or heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Grill or pan-sear the patties until golden and heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes in total, turning halfway through.
- *You could also roll these into little balls and bake them, kinda of like baked falafel*
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!