Eat the Rainbow Vegan Frittata
- 1.5 tablespoons Coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large potato peeled and finely cubed
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 (14-ounce) block extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nut/soy milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- splash of water
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet on medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic until softened, for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, and sauté until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the remainder of the veggies and sauté for 5 minutes longer.
- While your vegetables are cooking, pulse the tofu, chickpeas, milk, nutritional yeast, tahini, turmeric, and salt in a blender or food processor to create your "egg" base. It should have the consistency of a light pudding.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the "egg" base to the skillet with the parsley and fold it into the sautéed veggies. Shake the skillet to disperse the ingredients and cook to set for 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the edges come away from the sides of the skillet and the top is golden, about 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!