- Ok – so buffets always start with the salad. Fill half of your plate with leaves. Add whatever other veggies they’ve got. Easy tiger on the cheese and avocado and shit. If they have an oil and vinegar option go for that over the sugary dressing.
- Moving on grab the rice or potatoes or quinoa or whatever and fill about 1/4 of your plate with that – total. If they have multiple options that is approximately a few tablespoons of each.
- Fill the remaining portion with a protein option
So right now your plate should look full, have tons of colours on it and not be too heavy because it’s mostly leaves (tip- if the food feels heavy on your plate, it will feel heavy in your tum).
- Eat slowly and mindfully. Put your fork down between bites. Drink some water.
- Wait 20 mins before doing a drive-by of that dessert table. I get that it might look super tempting but remember that dessert deliciousness is about quality, not quantity. You aren’t going to get real cream at most buffets, dudes- that’s Cool Whip/“edible oil product” right there. Go for a yummy tea instead- or, even better, a walk.
Buffet mindset thoughts:
Don’t worry about getting value for your money. The value is in feeling good. Eating more food than you can digest easily just because you paid for it is like wearing clothes that don’t fit you just because you bought them. Both habits make you feel fat and send you the message that your money is more important than you feeling good.
Also- just because it’s there, doesn’t mean you have to eat it. This won’t be the one and only chance in your life to eat a profiterole that was probably commercially produced and frozen.
Life is long -and so are buffets – but you don’t have to fit everything in. (<deep shit alert)