Grilled Jerk Pork With Pineapple Salsa
FOR THE PORK:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (4-ounce) pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup jerk seasoning *see recipe*
FOR THE PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 mango diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- FOR THE PORK: To Grill: Preheat the grill to medium-high. Rub the oil on the pork chops and season them with the jerk seasoning. Grill the pork chops until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Let the chops rest 10 minutes before serving with a large scoop of salsa.
- To Broil: Preheat the broiler (around 450°) to high and arrange the top rack so it is 5 inches from the heat. Brush the chops with oil and season with the jerk seasoning. Broil the chops for 8 to 10 minutes each side. Let the chops rest 10 minutes before serving them with a large scoop of salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!