Ground Turkey and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps cleaned and gills removed (gently scrape them out with a spoon)
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt for seasoning
- Black pepper for seasoning
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Heat the coconut oil In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms gill-side down and let cook until softened, flipping halfway through, about 7 minutes in total. Set the mushrooms aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until it's cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and other seasonings of your choice
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the baby spinach leaves until wilted.
- To assemble: Use a small spoon to scoop the filling into the mushroom caps, top with sun-dried tomatoes, and serve warm!
** SERVE WITH VEGGIE OF CHOICE) AND 1/2 SWEET POTATO PER PERSON or other carb of choice**
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!