It's Pancake Tuesday! Vegan Pancakes
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil, or melted coconut oil)
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cups non-dairy milk or 1.25 cups... depending on mix
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup almond flour (not meal!) OR sub more gluten-free blend
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or fresh or frozen fruit like blueberries
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add oil, maple syrup, baking powder, salt and whisk until combined. Add 1 cup of non-dairy milk and whisk to combine. (add remaining 1/4 cup if needed)
- To the wet mixture gently fold in the oat flour, gluten-free flour, and almond flour. (careful not to over-mix) It should be thick but pourable/scoopable. If too thin, add more gluten-free or almond flour. If too thick, thin with a little non-dairy milk. If adding fruit or chocolate chips, add now and gently fold to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet, griddle, or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Carefully rub skillet with a little coconut or avocado oil (make sure the skillet is not too hot so as not to burn the pancakes.)
- Once the pan is ready, spoon 1/4 - 1/3 cup of the batter onto skillet. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles and the edges appear dry (~2-3 minutes). Carefully flip pancakes and cook until browned on the underside (~3 minutes more).
- Continue cooking until all batter is used up - should yield about 12 pancakes Enjoy with your favourite toppings!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!