Kale Quinoa Tex Mex Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili power
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 scallion chopped
- 1 cup corn *can use frozen*
- 1 cup cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups kale stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup grated vegan cheese **optional micro cheat**
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes *optional*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the quinoa and stock to a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the beef until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the diced tomatoes and spices. Spoon half the mixture over the quinoa in the casserole dish.
- Top the diced tomatoes with the beef, bell pepper, scallions, corn, black beans, and kale. Top that with the remaining half of the diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the cheese on top (if using) and sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if using).
- Cover the casserole dish with a lid or with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove lid or foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve warm topped with avocado (if desired).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!