Kitchen Sink Tofu Omelette
- 1 15- ounce block extra firm tofu pressed if you have the time
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast to taste
- Veggies galore!! whatever you like
- couple of handfuls of spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (preferably nonstick). Add veggies and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender. Crumble the tofu into the skillet; you can make it either very crumbly or leave some chunks.
- Cook the tofu for about 2 minutes, until it is warmed through and there's very little liquid in the pan.
- Whisk together the tamari, turmeric, and mustard. Add to the scramble and mix well. Add the nutritional yeast and mix again. Finally, add a couple of handfuls of baby spinach. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted and tender and mixed into the scramble.
- Serve with a side salad
***For an extra treat, slice up a quarter of an avocado and lay the strips on one half of the omelette prior to folding. Top with a tablespoon of salsa and a squirt of hot sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!