Lemon and Herb Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Shrimp
- 2 small to medium spaghetti squash halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons butter grass-fed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces large shrimp peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- sea salt for seasoning
- black pepper for seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the squash halves cut-side down and pierce them with a fork several times each. Bake the squash until tender, about 45 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the shrimp with a little salt and pepper for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Place the skillet back on the heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Use a fork to separate the squash strands into a colander and place it in the sink. Use paper towels to gently press the excess liquid out of the squash.
- Whisk the yogurt into the sauce until creamy and smooth then stir in the chopped parsley. Add the spaghetti squash and shrimp, toss to combine, and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!