Moroccan Chickpea Stew
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Ras El Hanout *see spice mix recipe*
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or chilli paste of choice) (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- greek yogurt for garnish
- Heat the oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onions and salt until soft and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and Ras El Hanout and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, and chickpeas and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the samabl oelek (optional), lemon juice, and parsley and serve with a dollop of yoghurt (optional) over quinoa asparagus tabouleh (optional) *you can simply make plain quinoa, and roasted or streamed asparagus
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!