No Tomato Veggie Chili
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (about 8-10) thickly sliced
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Before starting to cook, prepare all the ingredients. Drain and rinse the beans, measure the spices and chop all the vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and dry saute until translucent and slightly browned. Add the minced garlic and stir to evenly distribute. Add the spice mixture and toast until the spices are strongly aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. Add the vegetables and the beans. Don't worry if it looks like there isn't enough liquid. The vegetables will release more water as they cook. Cover the pot, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove the lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add chopped parsley or cilantro and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!