On the RUN! Breakfast Cookies
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour or 1 cup rolled oats pulsed in a blender
- 1/2 cup nut butter (or nut butter alternative)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the water and chia seeds and let stand 5 minutes. If the raisins are dry, add them, as well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats and oat flour. Stir in the nut butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the chia/water/raisins mixture and maple syrup and stir to mix well.
- Add the pepitas, hemp hearts, cinnamon, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Scoop the dough into 12 balls about 1-inch in diameter, place them on the cookie sheet, and flatten them into disks.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Serve with 1/2 cup of berries, or if running out the door to a game, grab an apple or banana!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!