Rhubarb Strawberry Compote
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large rhubarb stalks cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 1 pint strawberries stemmed and halved if small, quartered if large (see notes)
- Stir together the honey and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until the honey melts.
- Add the rhubarb and strawberries and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is soft enough to easily mash with a fork. Taste and add more honey, if desired.
- Cool the compote in the saucepan and transfer it to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
(1 pint of strawberries is the size in the traditional green basket. It's about 3/4 of a pound and measures roughly 2 level cups once cut. Precision isn't essential here. ) Use in smoothies, as a topping for yogurt with granola, on a superhero muffin, etc...
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!