Roasted Eggplant Coconut Curry
- 1 eggplant chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- Sea salt for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the eggplant on the baking sheet and toss with the oil, garlic, and salt. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- When the eggplant is cooked, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and ginger until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the eggplant to the skillet with the chickpeas, coconut cream, water, tomatoes, and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes and serve over cooked quinoa or rice topped with fresh herbs, as desired
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!