Spaghetti Squash Tempeh Goulash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 (8-ounce) block tempeh crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups veggie stock or water
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons GF tamari
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt or just plain salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large spaghetti squash or 2 small
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot and sauté the onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Lightly steam crumbled tempeh to soften, then add it to stockpot.
- Add the stock (or water), tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, tamari, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir well, bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to low, simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and remove the bay leaf. Cool the goulash for at least 15 minutes.
- While the goulash mixture is cooking, microwave the spaghetti squash. Piece the squash 6 or 8 times with a fork and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Cut in half, seed, place the squash cut-side down in a baking dish, cover with plastic, and microwave 10 minutes on high. Remove the plastic carefully and shred the squash with a fork.
- Serve the goulash mixture on top of the spaghetti squash and enjoy!
Kid Hack: Serve over noodles or spaghetti
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!