Sweet Potato and Apple Hash Brown Skillet Cake with Tofu Scramble
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and shredded**
- 1 medium onion shredded
- 1 medium apple shredded
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 will be used to form the cake)
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 pkg Tofu
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together sweet potatoes, onion and apple. Place a cup of the mixture in cheesecloth or with a dishtowel squeeze out excess liquid. Repeat cup-by-cup until the entire mix has been strained. Add 2 flax eggs, almond meal, salt and pepper to the mixture and combine well.
- Heat up a large cast-iron skillet and melt coconut oil. **If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, use any oven-safe pan or cook in a regular pan before transferring to a bake-safe dish.** Saute the mixture for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Using a spatula press mixture down into skillet (or bake-safe dish) to form a cake. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While skillet cake is baking, do a quick tofu scramble, seasoned to your liking, to serve along side.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
**If you have a food processor shred sweet potatoes, apple and onion in it. It's a major time-saver!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!