Sweet Potato Hash w/ Brussels Sprouts, Apples & Turkey
- 2 cups sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups quartered brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for roasting divided*
- sea salt for seasoning
- black pepper for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ghee or pastured butter
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium apple chopped (cherry tomatoes would work great)
- poultry seasoning *optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on one baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until soft and golden.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts and a pinch of salt in the remaining olive oil to coat and spread them on the second baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
- While the veggies are roasting, melt the ghee a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add the turkey and a dash of poultry seasoning (if desired) and cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped apples and sauté until the apples soften and the mixture is lightly browned.
- Once the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are done roasting, add them to the skillet, stirring to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!