Tempeh Asparagus Nicoise w/Balsamic Dressing
- 12 mini red-skinned potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
Tempeh & Asparagus
- 1 (8-ounce) block tempeh *or tofu if preferred* sliced into strips
- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbs de Provence or substitute dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 hardboiled eggs *vegans omit* *swap in some beans if desired*
- 2 scallions sliced into 2 inch strips
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread the potatoes on one-third of the baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and season with salt. Roast the potatoes until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the baking sheet to a plate and set aside. *These can be made ahead.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil. Place the asparagus on half of the baking sheet and the tempeh on the other half. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and herbs de Provence and drizzle evenly with the oil. Broil the veggies and fish until the salmon is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide and arrange the potatoes, tempeh, and asparagus with the remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with a thin layer of Balsamic Dressing—about (2 tablespoons, more or less to taste).
*you can substitute the balsamic dressing with the Ranch dressing if you made it, or whatever your favourite dressing is!*
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!