Vegan Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup apple Juice or cider
- 1 cup all purpose flour or 3/4 cup Gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp non-dairy butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carbonated water added right before putting into the pan
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp apple Juice or cider
- 2 apples cored and diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- handful crushed pecans
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, baking powder, and apple juice creating a "leavening" egg. Set aside
- Add the tofu, apple juice, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger powder to your blender and mix until combined. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add leavening egg, ¼ cup of carbonated water, to the mixture, and gently whisk in. Do not over whisk as it will affect the carbonation.
- Place a cast-iron (best) or heavy ovenproof pan into the heated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and coat with non-dairy butter. Pour the dutch baby mixture into the pan while it is still hot. Swirl the mixture several times to cover the sides of the pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until set in the middle and golden brown around the edges.
- In a small frying pan, while the pancake is cooking, heat 2 tbsp coconut oil Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg and juice of 1/2 Lemon and cook for 1 minute Add in your apples and sauté until all your apples are nicely coated
- Removed Dutch baby from the oven. Top with apples and sprinkle with pecans Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!