Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 medium banana
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup almond flour (not meal!) OR sub more gluten-free blend
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Coconut or avocado oil for cooking
- Mash the banana in a large bowl and whisk in the oil, maple syrup, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add the milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the oat flour, gluten-free flour, and almond flour and stir until just combined. It should look like a standard pancake batter. If it is too thin, add more almond flour. If too thick, thin with a little non-dairy milk. Fold in the blueberries carefully until well dispersed.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium heat and brush with oil. Working in batches, scoop the batter in 1/4 cup measures into the skillet and cook until tiny bubbles form on the surface, flip, and cook the other side until golden brown, about 5 minutes in total.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve four pancakes per person with desired toppings!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!