Vegan High Protein Pancakes
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 3/4 cups almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- avocado oil for cooking
- In a small bowl, mix together the water and flaxseed and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Mix together flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the mashed banana, almond milk, and flaxseed egg and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, pour the batter into the skillet in 1/4 cup measures and cook until tiny bubbles form on them. Flip the pancakes and cook until light golden brown, about 5 minutes in total.
- Drop by 1/4 cup. Cook until bubbles begin to form at the surface, then flip.Transfer the pancakes to a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!