Vegan Pecan Pie Pancakes
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the milk, oil, and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Add the oat flour, gluten-free flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt and whisk until smooth. The batter should be like a regular pancake batter. If too thick, add more milk and if too thin add a bit more oat flour.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and spray it with oil. Working in batches, measure the batter into the skillet in 1/4 cup measures. Cook the pancakes until tiny bubbles form, flip, and cook the other side until golden, about 4 minutes in total. Transfer the pancakes to plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Topping: In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, pecans, cinnamon, and vanilla and spoon the topping over the pancakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!